Year 4 is the second and final year of Learning Stage 2.
There are great opportunities for students to participate in extra-curricular activities. These include competitions, exhibitions, sport, performances and special events. Student leadership programs provide many activities that broaden your child’s experience at school.
An opportunity class placement Test is open to all Year 4 students to assess eligibility for opportunity class places. Opportunity classes are available for academically gifted and talented children in Years 5 and 6 at some schools. If you would like your child to sit this test, please ask us for an application package available from May. The test is held between late July and early August.
Help your child learn
Here are useful links with tips on how you can help your Year 4 child at home.
- Sites using words, poetry and reading ideas
- Five ways to build your child’s literacy skills (includes translated information)
- Writing Stage 2
- Reading Stage 2
- Spelling Stage 2
- Talking and listening Stage 2
- Sites using number, shapes, pattern and geometry
- Literacy and numeracy tips (includes translated information)
- Everyday numeracy K-4 video (includes translated information)
- Five ways to build your child’s numeracy skills (includes translated information)
- Mathematics K-6 parent support document (PDF 186KB)