Your child has taken the significant step from infants to primary school and into the first year of Learning Stage 2.
This is the first year your child sits for the National Assessment Program Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) test held in May. There are four tests covering numeracy, reading, writing, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
You will receive a report of your child’s achievement in the tests. The results tell you how your child is progressing in these areas and can guide the learning support you give your child at home.
Help your child learn
Here are useful links with tips on how you can help your Year 3 child at home.
- Sites using words, poetry and reading ideas
- Five ways to build your child’s literacy skills (includes translated information)
- Writing Stage 2
- Reading Stage 2
- Spelling Stage 2
- Talking and listening Stage 2
- Sites using number, shapes, pattern and geometry
- Literacy and numeracy tips (includes translated information)
- Everyday numeracy K-4 video (includes translated information)
- Five ways to build your child’s numeracy skills (includes translated information)
- Parents count too pamphlets (includes translated information)