We can help you with your enrolment enquiries anytime throughout the year during school terms.
MEPS enrolment area
All NSW public schools have local enrolment boundaries. Please use the School Finder to see if Merrylands East Public School is your local school. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.
Starting school in Kindergarten
Parents of children born between 1st January and 31st July can choose between sending their child to school the year their child turns five or the year they turn six. It is recommended to seek advice from your preschool to check if your child is ready for school.
Applying to enrol for all students
To enrol at Merrylands East Public School you must collect an enrolment form from the School Office located at the Walker Street entrance. The office staff will inform you of the required documents you need to supply in order to complete your child’s enrolment.
All new enrolments to Merrylands East Public School require the following original documents to be sighted and copied by the school:
- Proof of age – birth certificate and/or passport
- Proof of Australian citizenship
- birth certificate if one or both parents were born in Australia
- passport of child or Citizenship Certificate of child or Citizenship Certificate of parent/s before their child was born
- If your child is a permanent resident, you will need to supply their visa documentation and the passport they are travelling on
- If your child is a temporary resident, you will need to supply their visa documentation and the passport they are travelling on. Temporary Visa Program forms will also need to be completed and submitted with the school enrolment form. Fees may apply depending on the visa class.
- Proof of residential address – a gas or electricity bill, rates notice or lease agreement showing the name and address of the parents of the enrolling student must be supplied.
- Immunisation History Statement from Medicare showing all immunisations given to the child
- Family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).
After the enrolment forms have been completed and processed and a school uniform has been purchased, your child is ready to start.
Temporary residents will need to wait until the Temporary Residents Program has given Merrylands East the authority for your child to start school.
Parents of Kindergarten students will receive information about the Orientation Program and when to start the following year.
For more information on enrolling in a NSW Government School please click here (NSW Department of Education – Going to a public school).